Monday, November 5, 2012

Q&A 1

I have been thinking about doing this for a long time, finally got down to actually doing it!!:) I will be publishing some of the QnA that I have been doing on email. So, I am picking up Questions and Answers that are generic and would hopefully help more people! The names and references have obviously been removed. I think 4 or 5 questions per post would be enough. Though, this one has got a little longer than I would like it to be. I have taken the effort to put some clip-art in between, to make it look nice and more readable maybe, no offence meant to anyone :)  

Question
I had one question bhaiya, sometimes my energy suddenly goes down due to some event in daily life, even if I am aware of it, my energy doesn't return, I really want to tackle this. I am doing my kriya daily but how can I get my energy back instantaneously ?
Answer
Your feverishness to get out of a situation pushes you deeper into your situation. Please know that life will have all its shades, you do not be averse to any. 

Allow yourself to be in low energy, to be sad, to be not so happy once in a while. One, it helps you appreciate the good times and the good people. Two, it brings in the peace required to tackle the situation at hand. And three, if you never go through all of these we will have to put Your photo in our courses ;)

An event doesn't have the power to pull your energy down. It is you who gives the power and the importance to the event! Take up a bigger cause in life, get involved in some seva project and you would realize that these little events would simply cease to bother you.

And as you keep doing your sadhana, seva and satsang, you will find that you are falling less and less into the state of low energy; and when you do fall, you are are able to come out of it faster and faster! :)

Question
Hi Bhaiya,
Please help. I had a crush on my PM ever since I saw him. But never did anything about it. Hardly talked to him. But lately, we have been talking work related stuff. It was all ok…friendly... and today he tells me that he has suddenly started admiring me since couple of weeks and that there is some magic! Now, one hand I felt good.. because I had a crush on him and seems like he likes me too. But sad, because he is married with 2 kids (looks young) - which is also why I never said anything , never thought much about all this. But knowing that he is married and all, I still can’t help but feel happy about the fact that he is interested. Guess my crush is not over.
What should I do? What can I do… I am being desperate I know.
Answer
Its okay if you are feeling happy about his interest in you, don't fight your feelings too much. 


But then, please don't act out of your feelings either. You already know this whole thing is a big filthy mess, and let me tell you that it has the potential to butcher your life with a cruelty that you cannot imagine. The feelings are temporary. People get into such relationships, and later they are left with only whining and howling and a lot of hurt. And they don't even know why they got into such a thing in the first place. You better stay out of it.

Find yourself a guy whose single, there are plenty around! Attend a satsang today. You will be fine!


Question
Hi Bhaiyya,
I was in your last AOL Yes!+ batch. The Yes!+ Upgrade was all throughout a life changing experience... now nothing seems impossible to me... I feel a sudden affection towards all class of people. But during the past few weeks I have developed a botheration towards one field and that is my country... Where ever I go I tell people when they are wrong and how it makes a difference to the country but all i get is 'egoistic retaliation' .... How can I bring change to my motherland ? 
Answer
You have to be skillful in telling people what they must do. If your presentation is not appropriate, you would only earn their scorn. Guruji says "achhe bano, lekin kachhe mat bano" :) 

The best way is to bring them on to an Art of Living course. Everyone has a sense of social responsibility but it gets suppressed in the everyday stretch and stress. When the stress leaves the system, everyone automatically becomes more sensitive and responsible in life :)

On a more general note, if you want people to listen to you...
1. You have to qualify yourself, so they listen to you. In other words they have to perceive you as someone who knows better than them. Otherwise, why would they listen ?
2. You have to speak with a friendly attitude and not a fatherly attitude.
3. You have to speak with skill, different people need to be told differently.
4. You need to realize, that whether they listen to your or they dont... it doesn't matter so much! ;)

Question
Hello sir
I am one of your students from the Yes!+
Hinjewadi batch. Sir, before I joined this course I had completely lost my confidence . I used to be pretty good in academics, but suddenly because of what happened to me, I lost my confidence to the extent that I couldnt give my engineering exams - I lost a year. I am still undergoing a treatment with some eminent psychologists but this course has helped me a lot! Sir my question is - I have a bad habit, and whenever I go to a temple I swear by god that I'll stop all my bad habits. I try my best sir, and I do stop; but after a span of a month or so I fall back into my old habits! And then I again carry out the same procedure of going to the temple and swearing by god. And every time I get frightened that I have broken my swear and now something wrong will happen to me. I scold myself endlessly, and I can't sleep for days. I wanted to consult you regarding this...

Answer
Please don't worry, God is a generous fellow, he will not punish you even if you break your promise. The only thing that will punish you in the long run is your bad habit itself.

Here are a few things that will help you get rid of your bad habit:
1. Please hang out more and more with good people, and the bad habit will leave you by itself. Why don't you start hanging out with the Yes!+ Team? Call Parul, ask her to take you along for the ongoing Yes!+ Course!
2. Please regularly attend any good Art of Living Satsang's happening in Pune.
3. Indulge in some creative work, and keep yourself very busy in it!
4. When you have a desire to indulge in your bad habit, take a cold water bath!!
 

You will be free from your bad habit effortlessly!

jai gurudeva